art of daff
The daff is a round frame drum traditionally used in rituals and sacred contexts.
The vibrations, sounds and rhythms emerging from the drum skin of this instrument are transforming in nature.
- Discover and practice Egyptian rhythms on the daff
- Integrate your instrument with your body
- Create different sounds
and learn the main techniques
- Keep a rhythm for a short time
- Be able to enter and leave a rhythm
- Learn how rhythm is constructed
- Be able to identify rhythms and to know their name
- Be able to play a rhythm together with the group
- Improvise a short piece
- 30h practice
- per ankh protocol
- per ankh certificate
Caroline Chevat gained her knowledge in this discipline from Ibrahim El Minyawi, an internationally acknowledged Egyptian percussion master.
You can listen to Caroline Chevat´s compositions, improvisations and percussion skills on the CD Solo Daff .
English, French, German
who can benefit
The art of daff addresses those who are attracted to rhythm regardless of origin, age and gender.
22 September 2018
13 October 2018
10 November 2018
1 December 2018
19 January 2019
9 February 2019
2 March 2019
6 April 2019
4 Mai 2019
1 June 2019
6/7 July 2019