art of daff I
The daff is a round frame drum traditionally used in rituals and sacred contexts.
The vibrations, sounds and rhythms emerging from the drum skin of this instrument are transforming in nature.
- Discover and practice Egyptian rhythms on the daff
- Integrate your instrument with your body
- Create different sounds
and learn the main techniques
- Keep a rhythm for a short time
- Be able to enter and leave a rhythm
- Learn how rhythm is constructed
- Be able to identify rhythms and to know their name
- Be able to play a rhythm together with the group
- Improvise a short piece
- 30h practice
- per ankh protocol
- per ankh certificate
Caroline Chevat gained her knowledge in this discipline from Ibrahim El Minyawi, an internationally acknowledged Egyptian percussion master.
You can listen to Caroline Chevat´s compositions, improvisations and percussion skills on the CD Solo Daff .
English, French, German
who can benefit
The art of daff addresses those who are attracted to rhythm regardless of origin, age and gender.
07 September 2019
05 October 2019
02 November 2019
07 December 2019
11 January 2020
01 February 2020
07 March 2020
04 April 2020
02 Mai 2020
06 June 2020